The Cheese Pleaser had a fantastic weekend filled with delicious food and great company. It started early on Saturday morning as we fired up our raclette machine to provide our early morning market-goers with some grilled raclette on sourdough in the cool morning weather. It was a busy day at the markets, & we are really excited about our stall this coming weekend the 25th April on Anzac Day! We will be introducing a new product for all you foodies - Javier Codina's Jamon & Chicken Croquettes with Romesco Sauce. These will be selling hot alongside the grilled raclette cheese! Definitely not something to miss.
We also had the pleasure of catering for a birthday party this weekend & wow was the food something to be celebrated! Our menu comprised of canapes, tapas, entree, main and dessert, and was as follows:
- Spanish Melon wrapped in Jamon
- Duck liver parfait toastie with apple & walnut chutney
- Manolete Chorizo with padron peppers
- Jamon & chicken croquettes with romesco sauce
- Hervey Bay scallop ceviche with mango and lime dressing
- 7 hour braised beef cheek with braves potato & sweet Bundaberg capsicums
- Javier's paella - Queensland seafood
- Cheese table with seasonal fruits & paste
- Dark chocolate rocky road
We honestly had the best day serving Javier's beautiful food and working with Chef Seb for this function. We also styled a decadent cheese table for grazing once all of the food had been consumed and plates had been scraped clean!
You will now find a new page on our website for catering with lots of gorgeous photos of Javier's food, our cheese and a little more information about what we do.
In the meantime we hope to see you at the Powerhouse markets this Saturday for some croquettes & cheese! x